Sunday 6 October 2013

Those missing episode rumours...


You will have read the stories in the press today (and seen on some TV news programmes). Seems to be a regurgitation of a story from earlier in the summer. In that instance, the rumours were dismissed and it was claimed that material from a number of African broadcasters was being sent to the UK to be conserved. The material was produced in the countries sending it - not copies of foreign sales they had received - so no Doctor Who.
I even read that there was going to be a trailer for newly-found lost episodes on The Terror of the Zygons DVD. A very reliable source being quoted, as always.
The rumour has persisted. Like Mulder, we want to believe I suppose.
I wouldn't want to comment on the veracity of the latest reports. One thing I would say, however, is don't believe any report that specifically states that 106 episodes have been found. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I read that The Feast of Steven didn't get sold overseas.
Personally, I think they've only found one further episode of The Underwater Menace, and that's why the DVD release has been held back - and the rest is all wishful thinking.
Though I'd love to be proven wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment