Sunday 18 January 2015

I could have written better...

Like me, I am sure you have often wondered, as the end credits come up, how on Earth did the writer get paid for that rubbish.
We all like to think that we could have come up with something much better. Some of you reading this might even be writers yourselves (though probably not as good as what I am, of course).
I was digging through some old notes the other day, and came across a number of story ideas what I wrote some time ago. Reading them again, I was struck by how much better they would have been than Fear Her. Or The Twin Dilemma. Or Timelash. Or many many others, if you would but perchance to peruse the lower levels of any Doctor Who poll. (See, proper writing).
This first one would have been the Cyber-epic to end all Cyber-epics - as I'm sure you will agree.
It can only be a matter of time before Cardiff comes knocking...


No comments:

Post a Comment